Stand out from the crowd with one of these beautifully designed templates for Blogger.
First impressions count! You only have seconds to make an impact when someone finds their way to your blog so create something that leaves a lasting impression. If you want to save hours scouring the internet trying to find the perfect blog theme, here are some amazing designers who sell pre-made blog designs that are very easy to install so you will have your new blog up and running in no time.
The Blogger templates from these designers range from $5 (Luvly Marketplace & Etsy) through to $80 for some very creative and artistic themes.
Check out my top 4 recommendations in this video –
Premium Blogger Templates
Free Blogger Templates
Looking for a free Blogger template? Here is a collection of theme providers that offer free templates. They can look great but often do not come with the support that you get with a paid theme package. If you have some knowledge about how to tweak the HTML and CSS code in a template than you should have no problem in personalising a free template. If you are unsure what you are doing and want a semi-customised template I would suggest opting for a paid option or hiring a designer to make changes to your blog template. Lastly, my tip would be to read the reviews and the comments section of the theme and see if there are many issues from other people using the themes.
*Disclosure: Some affiliate links appear on this page. Please visit our disclaimer page for more information.
If you are looking at starting a blog or want to tweak the one you have with some great individual features, here are some handy tried and tested tutorials for doing so. These tutorials cover some key areas of customisation to blogs built on the Blogger platform.
If you come across any you think should join the list please let us know. (There are endless ways you can modify the HTML and CSS code if you know what you’re doing. I have just pulled together some of the more popular modifications that people usually start out with).
Learning how to modify the code on your blog can open up a world of possibilities for your design and give you the opportunity to make any change you wish. If you have never played around with HTML or CSS or have no idea what they even stand for then head over here for a little run down to get you started.
I have tried and tested all of these tutorials below and i have tried to find the most helpful tutorials that offer great information and simple instructions for total beginners.
*These tutorials and tips are all in relation to blogger and may not work on other blog platforms. They may also not be updated regularly so please let me know if you have issues with any and i will remove it.
Customising your blog
- Creating a static page with selected posts in it
- Remove spaces between widgets in the sidebar
- Create a grab HTML box for your blog button
- How to change your default home page
- Making thumbnail galleries
- Create a custom signature for your blog posts
- Another custom signature tutorial if above does not work
- How to centre your page tabs in the navigation bar
- How to add a gadget / widget inside your blog header
- Make a HTML grab button for your blog
- Add a comment count bubble to your posts
- How to create static pages
- Remove the shadow and border around your blog images
- Add a popular posts gallery above your blog posts
- How to customise the ‘post a comment’ message
- Add a recent comments widget
- Style your date header
- Creating direct downloads on your blog
- Tips to improve your blog navigation
Social media integration
- Add social media icons – horizontally
- Pinterest pin-it button on image hover
- Add a facebook like/fan box to your blog
- Set up a newsletter and subscriber database for your blog
- Add an Instagram widget to your blog (Snapwidget)
- Check what images have been pinned on your blog -type in: pinterest.com/source/YOURSITE.COM